Sunday, August 16, 2015

Well it has been eons since I posted to this blog. I actually kind of forgot that I had it, but something made me think of it the other day, so I am back.

A lot of time has passed since my last post (like years) and, a lot of hair has grown since then too. A LOT of hair. 

How much hair? Well as of today it is somewhere just north of knee length.

For some reason I just decided to let it keep growing, I think just to see how far it will go, the other reason being I am now over 60 years old and it is kind of a novelty to have such long hair at my age. It is as thick as a mop too, so that kind of adds to the whole novelty factor.

I am still using henna on occasion, but mainly just touching up the roots with a good old box color in any version of natural light auburn I can find. Getting kind of lazy to do henna, rinsing it out of 4 feet of hair isn't too appetizing nowadays.

So - I will post my photo time-line below. I think I left off somewhere around mid-back when I had just got into using henna and had probably just started doing CO washing. That stands for Conditioner Only and is a godsend for people like me with thick and wavy hair that never gets smooth and shiny without a lot of manipulation.

Being a maker and seller of body products I also experimented with some new hair care items and now have several products designed to smooth and detangle hair. The work beautifully for me and I am getting some good reviews from my Etsy customers too. I will link to them below.

The color in the photos over the years varies greatly as lighting makes all the difference. Sometimes it looks super dark auburn, other times blondish but the color really has remained pretty steady all this time despite my experimenting with different brands and levels of auburn.

 In the end I found that Nice and Easy Lt Auburn or Revlon Colorsilk in Lt Reddish Brown were the most natural looking shades. 

I really would like to transition into natural grey here someday, but for now I have to keep at it.

So here is a timeline covering the past 5 years, starting in 2010 up until July of this year. I will update once a month if I have photos ready.

Where will it all end ? I have no idea but I think knee or calf length will probably be my limit. Should be interesting to see if it grows that long. 

I have an internet friend that has hair 3 or 4 inches longer than she is tall. Smooth and beautiful blonde too. No wonder she just let it keep growing, it is amazing. 
Look for JJJ on Youtube to see what I mean.

The photos here are quite small, I will see if I can link to a larger version of it.



Larger photo - Hair Timeline

No comments:

Post a Comment